(Point mouse cursor over the bottom of each frame to see what was there in 1892)
The slides show a view of Second Street, east and west sides between Spring and Rodman streets going south, and Spring and Borden streets going north. as they look today with the names of the businesses which were there in 1892. The bus station across from the Borden house is now, however torn down and a gravel pit is in its place. The new courthouse will be going up on the spot where Hall’s Livery used to be and where the bus station was recently located.
In 1892, Spring St. stopped at the corner of Second and did not go east any farther. (source: Lizzie Borden Past & Present, Leonard Rebello)