Lizzie Borden was fortunate to come of school-going age after Fall River’s post-Civil War school reform wave hit the city. The Morgan Street, School, which became the N.B. Borden School on Morgan St. was built in 1868 and is an imposing structure. The front roof cupola is gone now, but the wonderful woodwork still survives. The school was closed two years ago and is now vacant and awaiting a new purpose. There are no plans for demolition at this date. Lizzie was at school here until she was 14 ( 1874) when she went on to the Fall River High School. She became a high school drop out in her junior year.